Removing "alternative" text from emails

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

Tobias

Removing "alternative" text from emails

Post by Tobias »

Hi. I'm a very new user of TextPipe for AskSam, and have been working with the EasyPattern mode, which seems to do most of what I have wanted, until I came to this problem. The email files (formerly saved as txt) have sections where the same text appeared in both txt and html form; the html form is usually set off between codes that look like this:

--=_alternative 07834663047574389_=
This is there the text comes.
More text....
etc.
--=_alternative 07834663047574389_=

What I'd like to do is strip out the "alternative" codes and anything that comes between them. I tried this EasyPattern in Replace mode, replacing with empty, but it doesn't work.

--=_alternative [(oneOrmore digits)1]_=
[oneOrmore paragraph]
--=_alternative [group1]_=

Another thought I had was to use the Remove Lines not matching function as a subfilter within the range of lines between the "alternative" codes and then clean those up later, but I'm not sure how to make that work.

Thanks for any help
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi Tobias,

I think the problem here was the amount of text between the tags - the new version of TextPipe has the ability to up this from 32k to whatever you need. I think this was why the text was never removed. Also, the code around the alternate text changes each time.