can it do this?

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

redbulls

can it do this?

Post by redbulls »

Can the textpipe do this?

Form This:

Code: Select all

said—I then took her to the station-house, and kept the duplicates— these are them.
Cross-examined by MR. DOANE. Q. YOU saw Clarke at Mr. Baty's first ?   A. Yes—she was in great distress, and cried.
Cross-examined by MR. PRICE. Q. Have you examined the duplicates ? A. I have—they are not all in the name of Frewin, but a good many are— there were two bedsteads, one chair, and a table in the room—she is mar-ried, and her husband is living there.
WILLIAM TROWBRIDGE. I am shopman to Joseph Wassel, a pawnbroker in Pickett-street, Strand. Here is one duplicate of ours for a pair of half-boots, one for three spoons, one for a table-cloth, one for a shirt, one for a shift, and one for a shawl—the spoons were pawned in the name of " Frewin, for Mrs. Smith, Thanet-place;" the table-cloth the same; the shirt, "Ann Frewin, Ship-yard," only; the shawl, "AnnFrewin,Ship-yard"—I am quite: sure Frewin is the woman who pawned all these things—the earliest date is the 3rd of January, and the last the 18th of April—I know Clarke by sight—I have seen her about the place sometimes, looking into the window, and sometimes standing at the door while Frewin was pledging.
Cross-examined by MR. PRICB.    Q. Did you know Frewin ?   A. Yes, very well, and where she lived—we do not lend more money when article* are pledged by good customers—my master lends as much as they are worth—we have more confidence in old customers than in strangers— Frewin once said to me, " If you don't think it right, you can go over, and inquire at No. 1, Thanet-place"—I asked her who she came from— she said Mrs. Smith's, Thanet-place, and if I liked I might go over and inquire—I went there three times—that is Mr. Baty's house—I saw a tall, fresh-coloured, elderly woman there, who Said it was all right, I had no occasion to be afraid.
MR. DOANE. Q. Was that Mrs. Baty ? A. There is no inch person —I cannot say whether it was a lady living in the house—I never saw the person before.
MR. PHILLIPS. Q. IS Miss Baty here ? A. Yes—I would not swear that it was or was not her—I have said so all along—-if it was her, she was painted, and had curls.
COURT.   Q. Have you any reason to believe she ever painted X   A. There is a person here named Reed who said that she knew that Miss Baty painted.
MR. PHILLIPS. Q. Will you venture to swear that you believe that she was the person ? A. No, I would not—I do not know that she is not— I cannot tell her age—I do not think Miss Baty is the person—I did not ask the person her name—I should not know the person's voice.
Q. Show me the duplicates in which Frewin's name alone is inserted ? A. These are them (reads)—" Ann Frewin, 8, Ship-yard"—"Ann Frewin, 18, Ship-yard, pair of half-boots, 1s."—I did not take that down from her lips—when I know the customers, I do not always ask their direction—I knew she lived in Ship-yard—no one desired me to put "8 " or " 18" down—I put it myself—here is " Ann Smith, housekeeper, 1, Thanet-place, by Ann Frewin, 9, Ship-yard "—I do not jknow how I came to put a different address.
MR. PRICE. Q. You knew perfectly well where the woman lived ? A. Yes—it is close by—I am not quite certain that Miss Baty was not the person I saw—I think the person was taller.
MR. PHILLIPS.    Q. Did you go to the other address in Ship-yard ?

To This:

Code: Select all

<p>said\emdash\I then took her to the station\emdash\house, and kept the duplicates\emdash\ these are them.</p>
<p><i>Cross-examined by</i> <sc>MR.  DOANE.</sc> <lc><i>Q.</i></lc>  You saw Clarke at Mr.  Baty's first?  <lc><i>A.</i></lc>  Yes\emdash\she was in great distress, and cried.</p>
<p><i>Cross-examined by</i> <sc>MR.  PRICE.</sc>  <lc><i>Q.</i></lc>  Have you examined the duplicates?  <lc><i>A.</i></lc>  I have\emdash\they are not all in the name of Frewin, but a good many are\emdash\ there were two bedsteads, one chair, and a table in the room\emdash\she is mar_ried, and her husband is living there.</p>
<p><sc>WILLIAM TROWBRIDGE.</sc>  I am shopman to Joseph Wassel, a pawnbroker in Pickett\emdash\street, Strand.  Here is one duplicate of ours for a pair of half-boots, one for three spoons, one for a table\emdash\cloth, one for a shirt, one for a shift, and one for a shawl\emdash\the spoons were pawned in the name of "Frewin, for Mrs.  Smith, Thanet\emdash\place;" the table\emdash\cloth the same; the shirt, "Ann Frewin, Ship\emdash\yard,"only; the shawl, "AnnFrewin,Ship\emdash\yard"\emdash\I am quite sure Frewin is the woman who pawned all these things\emdash\the earliest date is the 3rd of January, and the last the 18th of April\emdash\I know Clarke by sight\emdash\I have seen her about the place sometimes, looking into the window, and sometimes standing at the door while Frewin was pledging.</p>
<p><i>Cross-examined by</i>  <sc>MR.  PRICE.</sc>  <lc><i>Q.</i></lc>  Did you know Frewin?  <lc><i>A.</i></lc>  Yes, very well, and where she lived\emdash\we do not lend more money when article are pledged by good customers\emdash\my master lends as much as they are worth\emdash\we have more confidence in old customers than in strangers\emdash\ Frewin once said to me, "If you don't think it right, you can go over, and inquire at No. 1, Thanet\emdash\place"\emdash\I asked her who she came from\emdash\ she said Mrs.  Smith's, Thanet\emdash\place, and if I liked I might go over and inquire\emdash\I went there three times\emdash\that is Mr.  Baty's house\emdash\I saw a tall, fresh\emdash\coloured, elderly woman there, who Said it was all right, I had no occasion to be afraid.</p>
<p><sc>MR.  DOANE.</sc>  <lc><i>Q.</i></lc>  Was that Mrs.  Baty?  <lc><i>A.</i></lc>  There is no such person \emdash\I cannot say whether it was a lady living in the house\emdash\I never saw the person before.</p>
<p><sc>MR.  PHILLIPS.</sc>  <lc><i>Q.</i></lc>  Is Miss Baty here?  <lc><i>A.</i></lc> yes\emdash\I would not swear that it was or was not her\emdash\I have said so all along\emdash\\emdash\if it was her, she was painted, and had curls.</p>
<p><court><sc>COURT.</sc>  <lc><i>Q.</i></lc>  Have you any reason to believe she ever painted?  <lc><i>A.</i></lc>  There is a person here named Reed who said that she knew that Miss Baty painted.</p>
<p><sc>MR.  PHILLIPS.</sc>  <lc><i>Q.</i></lc>  Will you venture to swear that you believe that she was the person?  <lc><i>A.</i></lc>  No, I would not\emdash\I do not know that she is not\emdash\ I cannot tell her age\emdash\I do not think Miss Baty is the person\emdash\I did not ask the person her name\emdash\I should not know the person's voice.</p>
<p><lc><i>Q.</i></lc>  Show me the duplicates in which Frewin's name alone is inserted?  <lc><i>A.</i></lc>  These are them (reads)\emdash\"Ann Frewin, 18, Ship\emdash\yard"\emdash\"Ann Frewin, 18, Ship\emdash\yard, pair of half\emdash\boots, 1s."\emdash\I did not take that down from her lips\emdash\when I know the customers, I do not always ask their direction\emdash\I knew she lived in Ship\emdash\yard\emdash\no one desired me to put "8" or "18" down\emdash\I put it myself\emdash\here is "Ann Smith, housekeeper, 1, Thanet-place, by Ann Frewin, 9, Ship\emdash\yard "\emdash\I do not know how I came to put a different address.</p>
<p><sc>MR.  PRICE.</sc>  <lc><i>Q.</i></lc>  You knew perfectly well where the woman lived?  <lc><i>A.</i></lc>  Yes\emdash\it is close by\emdash\I am not quite certain that Miss Baty was not the person I saw\emdash\I think the person was taller.</p>
<p><sc>MR.  PHILLIPS.</sc>  <lc><i>Q.</i></lc>  Did you go to the other address in   Ship\emdash\yard?</p>
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Yes, this is just a series of search/replaces.