Different Excel protected files

Discuss WordPipe, ExcelPipe and PowerPointPipe. Get help with installation and running, notify us of bugs, request new features and enhancements.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

Ron999

Different Excel protected files

Post by Ron999 »

Hi,

I'm using ExcelPipe 3.7 in registered Version. We have many protected Excel files with different Passwords. Is it possible to change entries in these documents automatic with a list of passwords? Inside the software is a field with "password for open", but only for documents which were protected with this password.

Thank you for response.
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi Ron,

Currently there's no easy way to do this. ExcelPipe's setting file is saved in an XML format, so it may be possible to automate this task from outside ExcelPipe.
Ron999

Post by Ron999 »

Hi,

i opened the .epp file with an editor and see that the password is clear style in line <Password></Password>.
Can I write inside this line more than one password?
If so in which format it must be. I don't know how it can be automate this task. For automate it, the password must replace by other. It would be easier, you can import a filelist with all passwords. Perhaps for future releases.

Thank you.
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

You can only supply one password at a time.

Your requirements are very specific to you only, so it's not likely we will offer it in future.