Email Recipient field and recipient lost after find and.....

Discuss WordPipe, ExcelPipe and PowerPointPipe. Get help with installation and running, notify us of bugs, request new features and enhancements.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

duugg

Email Recipient field and recipient lost after find and.....

Post by duugg »

Wordpipe and Word XP.

I have 300+ separate Word docs saved in a folder where the email recipient field along with a person (recipient) saved so that when I open the document up, this can be seen and the person that I'm emailing is automatically there, ready to be sent. This is NOT a macro or add-in. The only way this works is to also have Microsoft Outlook opened up. This recipient field can be seen (for those who are not familiar with what I'm talking about) by selecting "FILE/SEND TO/MAIL RECIPIENT" in Word (again, make sure that Outlook is open.

This looks like a great program but whenever I do a find and replace, Wordpipe does replace my text (even to a protected document..impressive) BUT in doing so, it eliminates the Recipient field and thus also eliminates the pre-determined person that I'm sending it to. Does anyone know if I can use the find and replace and still keep my recipient field intact?

Thanks in advance
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi Doug,

It's certainly not obvious to us why the email fields would be cleared out.

Changes to these email fields are not recorded when you turn on macro recording. It also not obvious from a programming perspective as to where these fields are being recorded. If you move the document to another computer, are they retained?
duugg

Post by duugg »

Yes, the email recipient field and recipient are both still intact when copying word doc to another computer.