ExcelPipe replace in protected sheet with no password

Discuss WordPipe, ExcelPipe and PowerPointPipe. Get help with installation and running, notify us of bugs, request new features and enhancements.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

Querulus

ExcelPipe replace in protected sheet with no password

Post by Querulus »

I'm trying to update UNC links in numerous Excel workbooks. The sheet in the workbook that contains the link is protected, but no password is used. Working on some sample files, I can make the replacement if I unprotect the sheet prior to running ExcelPipe, and I can similarly make the replacement if I protect the sheet with a password prior to running ExcelPipe and then provide the password in ExcelPipe. In fact, I've just discovered that if the sheet is protected with no password I can still make the replacement if I provide a password in ExcelPipe, but then the sheet ends up protected with that password. I could live with that, though it's not ideal. Is there a way to run the replacement, leaving the sheet protected but with no password?
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: ExcelPipe replace in protected sheet with no password

Post by DataMystic Support »

We'll have to check this - my understanding is that it tries to unprotect with no password first. Will have to get back to you.