Bug: Right click\delete

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

pecosbill

Bug: Right click\delete

Post by pecosbill »

I have 8.17 Eval. Ran into what I consider a very ugly bug. If you have a list of filters and for example, row 35 is highlighted in blue then right click on row 26 and select delete, it kills row 35 -- not the row you clicked on. I've lost good filters thanks to that and due to the very limited undo, wasn't able to pull them back so I had to recreate them.

FYI, I'm evaluating this for our sales staff to extract data from Amdocs' lousy reports and stick into Excel. This bug would confuse the hell out of them. I'm not even sure this product is sufficiently simple for them as they will be creating the fll's, but it has an attractive price due to the run time version availability. The Run Time info page appears to clarify that anything will run so that's good. I would like to see more info about variables and how to reference them in subfilters within the help file. Seems like there's lots of untapped power there which isn't clearly spelled out or I missed it. (No, I don't want to have to go external to a M$ tool). Also. the tutorial was waaay too basic for me. I've done a fair amount of (frustrating) egrep and found I like sed somewhat (haven't touched awk). If there was a info for my level in the tutorial then it needed to be broken out by skill level.
dfhtextpipe

Re: Bug: Right click\delete

Post by dfhtextpipe »

I've been using TextPipe for several years and this bug still sometimes catches me unawares.
Ran into what I consider a very ugly bug. If you have a list of filters and for example, row 35 is highlighted in blue then right click on row 26 and select delete, it kills row 35 -- not the row you clicked on. I've lost good filters thanks to that and due to the very limited undo, wasn't able to pull them back so I had to recreate them.
I should have reported it ages ago, but somehow this action escaped my attention.
David
Fixer

Post by Fixer »

Why you think that this is a bug?
The order is obvious, first select filter then delete them...
Right mouse click is linked to the selected item.
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

I think it is a bug too. We'll try and get a fix out shortly
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Ladies and Gentleman, version 8.1.8 is ready to go now.