Replacing text within hyperlinks error

Discuss WordPipe, ExcelPipe and PowerPointPipe. Get help with installation and running, notify us of bugs, request new features and enhancements.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

navarro_miguel@yahoo.com

Replacing text within hyperlinks error

Post by navarro_miguel@yahoo.com »

I have about 1000 documents with hyperlinks that need to be changed. I am using word 2000. When I try to do a search and replace for a small subset of the document I get the following error.

Method 'hyperlinks' not supported by automation object-C:\ddrs\CDSCL\CDCL2000\CDCL00-1001.doc
Method 'hyperlinks' not supported by automation object-C:\ddrs\CDSCL\CDCL2000\CDCL00-1002.doc
Method 'hyperlinks' not supported by automation object-C:\ddrs\CDSCL\CDCL2000\CDCL00-1004.doc
Method 'hyperlinks' not supported by automation object-C:\ddrs\CDSCL\CDCL2000\CDCL00-1005.doc

Do I have to have a different version of word for the ole server to use this functionality?

Thanks,
Miguel
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi Miguel,

Please download the latest version.
navarro_miguel@yahoo.com

It is the lastest . I downloaded the latest version of wordpipe (3.9) and word is up to date at SP-3. Let me know if you need anything else to help me get this working. I'm a serious buyer.
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Please download it again. We made a number of minor tweaks to v3.9 without bumping the version. We're planning a new release shortly.
navarro_miguel@yahoo.com

I unistalled and installed the latest version. FYI it says on the installer that it's still 3.8.

I'm not getting the error now but it's reporting the file was processed
but in the files changed section it shows:
C:\ddrs\test\CDCL00-1001.doc (0 changes made) (in step 2)

and in step 3:

it show no files changed.

I open the test document and the file was not changed.

I am search/replacing using inside the hyperlink exactly as it is described in the help file.
navarro_miguel@yahaoo.com

Post by navarro_miguel@yahaoo.com »

I also performed the search replace using the 3 types as describe in the help file to no avail.
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Please send us a test document and your .wpp file.
navarro_miguel

Post by navarro_miguel »

I sent an email to you guys did you get it?
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Can you please resend it?