WordPipe not replacing text in headers or footers

Discuss WordPipe, ExcelPipe and PowerPointPipe. Get help with installation and running, notify us of bugs, request new features and enhancements.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

chris333

WordPipe not replacing text in headers or footers

Post by chris333 »

Trying to replace simple text in headers and footers of Word 2007 documents saved in .doc format (NOT .docx).

All other replacements are working fine, but all document headers and footers are untouched. I am using an import file for the search and replace conditions, and have tried both a simple two column CSV file, as well as the template CSV provided with the installation file set. Neither works.

Doesn't work whether or not I force the options to include headers or footers (although since I am using an import file, it throws an error about having to select a row. But if I exit out of the error, the option to include headers and footers stays clicked.) Again, doesn't matter if I do that or not.

Doesn't work if I try it against a single file, or a full set.

I am using the latest version of WordPipe Lite, available as of today, with a clean install.
chris333

Re: WordPipe not replacing text in headers or footers

Post by chris333 »

Fortunately. I only have about four swap items for headers and footers, so I ran a second job by manually entering in the swaps using the "Use These Values" options, and manually indicating headers and footers. That worked.

Still, not quite sure it didn't work using a CSV.
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi Chris,

The CSV file MUST include the extra columns, as the default for a 2 column CSV is for the Body only to be searched.
chris333

Post by chris333 »

Found the problem. In Excel, for the "Search Type" column, I had a formula which added all the options -- when I changed this to a integer (the actual sum presented as a number, not as a formula) the search and replace worked.

Guess my Excel knowledge worked against me that time.

So for future users, DON'T put a formula there, put the actual number!
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Thanks Chris - good point