Bug in Version 8.3.7

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

bolusan1

Bug in Version 8.3.7

Post by bolusan1 »

I recently updated from Version 8.3.2 to 8.3.7 thinking it would help me out. Unfortunately, it has caused me too many heartaches for me to start recounting. I'm not trying to get back to the old version but can't. Is there a place to get older versions of Textpipe? Specifically I need version 8.3.2 (which was the one I've been using for months now without any problems)

Thanks,

B
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: Bug in Version 8.3.7

Post by DataMystic Support »

And what would the problem be?
yrakeshreddy

Post by yrakeshreddy »

Simon,

Most filters I had created in version 8.3.2 are not working properly in the latest version of TextPipe. One example of it is the old filter manipulates the file headers in a certain way while the same filter in the new version introduces extra blank column headers in the file. It is the same filter used in both versions, I did not change the code in anyway.

I do not want to go over all of my 20 or so filters to see which one of them is not working the way it was supposed to and why. It would be really helpful if I can go back to version 8.3.2.

Thanks

Bola.
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Hi Bola,

The major difference between these versions is that blank lines (and empty restrictions such as csv fields, column range etc) still trigger a 'Start of Line' event so that a Left or Right Margin can still be output for an empty field.

This was a required architectural change going forward.

We can't easily go back to 8.3.x as the newest number in the series (8.3.7 and shortly 8.3.8 ) overwrite them.
yrakeshreddy

Post by yrakeshreddy »

Simon,

Thank you for your reply. We have a production process for reports which uses TextPipe for text processing. We have been having troubles with this since I upgraded to the newer version of TextPipe. I want to install the older version 8.3.2 on another computer and use it to run the process for the interim while I try to modify the existing filters to be compatible with the new version. How can I get a copy of TextPipe version 8.3.2 ?

Thanks.

Bola.
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Ok, we've just updated the beta version in the secure area so that it works the same as 8.3.2 in regard to handling blank lines/blank fields.

It is actually a beta of 8.3.8 which has new features and an updated file format - so please BACKUP your files before you use it!

Let us know as soon as you have it so we can continue updating the beta as per normal.
yrakeshreddy

Post by yrakeshreddy »

I have downloaded the beta version. Thanks.

Bola.