Field in Header Not Changing

Discuss WordPipe, ExcelPipe and PowerPointPipe. Get help with installation and running, notify us of bugs, request new features and enhancements.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

TSimonick

Field in Header Not Changing

Post by TSimonick »

WordPipe will change the date in my Custom Properties field, "EffectiveDate", but the change doesn't appear in the document header. In other words, when I open a document, select the entire header and push F9 the field will update. On the Options tab, "Update field codes before save" is checked. On the Actions tab, Custom Properties, Headers and Inside Field Codes is checked. I haven't used WordPipe in several months, so I'm probably forgetting a setting.

I tried to Attach screen dumps of the Wordpipe configuration the target file, but the .docx and .pdf are not allowed. What file is allowed?

I would appreciate help.
-Tom
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: Field in Header Not Changing

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi Tom,

I believe the Update Field Codes option will really only affect the main document - not the headefrs/footers. This will need to be a change for the next version.