Query regarding error messages

Discuss WordPipe, ExcelPipe and PowerPointPipe. Get help with installation and running, notify us of bugs, request new features and enhancements.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

RobertSlaughter

Query regarding error messages

Post by RobertSlaughter »

I purchased WordPipe back in June for a project at work, and I'm experiencing a few issues and need to ask some questions (no one at work wanted to spring for the tech support fee, just the product...).

I have downloaded and installed 5.9.6, and I am seeing issues similar to what I found in 5.9.4.

Scanning a folder of 251 documents, I see the following errors like:

Code: Select all

Access violation at address 0020C785 in module 'wordpipe.exe'. Read of address 00000031-D:\data\Finalized Documents\Program Module\AUTH II Functional Module\amx_line_tcp.pm  Module Definition.doc
This seems to show up for every file being scanned.

After about 200 files, that error goes away and is replaced with:

Code: Select all

D:\data\Finalized Documents\Program Module\Supplemental\sbPreHold.pm Program Module Definition.doc-Word has encountered a problem. (D:\...\sbPreHold.pm Program Module De...)
I have over 1600 files to modify, and I would like to be sure everything is working before we commit these files to a client.
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: Query regarding error messages

Post by DataMystic Support »

a) Is the the Lite or Full version? The Lite version is not designed to cope with more than 100 files due to Microsoft Word bugs.
b) Do you have your email client and MS Word closed before you start?
c) Please send us a sample Word doc and your settings file from WordPipe's File\Save As menu.
RobertSlaughter

Re: Query regarding error messages

Post by RobertSlaughter »

DataMystic Support wrote:a) Is the the Lite or Full version? The Lite version is not designed to cope with more than 100 files due to Microsoft Word bugs.
Lite. Now I know one limit of it. ;)
b) Do you have your email client and MS Word closed before you start?
Had word closed but not Outlook. Will try it 'clean' today then. Any other applications that cause issues?
c) Please send us a sample Word doc and your settings file from WordPipe's File\Save As menu.
I can send the settings, may have NDA issues regarding the document. Let me try the above and see what happens, and try an "open" document that I could send and see if the problems still occur.