Closing filters from the command line

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

dmaristizabal

Closing filters from the command line

Post by dmaristizabal »

Hi guys:

I have a command file being loaded via the Z= switch. It loads a series of filters runned through files "old_a.html" and "new_a.html" alternatively :

filter 1 runs on file "old_a.html", pulls selected info to clipboard, and filter 2 grabs info from clipboard and puts to file "new_a.html" then the same story for filters 3 and 4, and so on 6 times (until filters 11 and 12)

Finally, the whole process is repeated for files "old_b.html" and "new_b.html", a total of 30 times.

The problem is that although I included the /CLEARFILTERS command at the end of each "a" "b" files loop in order to close the 12 filters and just reopen them for the next round, it doesnt work. Thus textpipe is getting flooded with several instances of the 12 filters until it hangs when it has around 50 filters open.

To be more precise : How do I close a filter from the command line (file) WITHOUT having to close textpipe itself ?; (this would force me to remake my .bat file and also split my commands.txt file being by the Z= switch, into 30 files !)

Thank you.

Below the sample code on the command file:

/F=filter1.fll
D:\N\old_a.html
/G

/F=filter2.fll
D:\N\new_a.html
/G

/F=filter3.fll
D:\N\old_a.html
/G

/F=filter4.fll
D:\N\new_a.html
/G
; and so on until filter12.fll

/CLEARFILTERS
/CLEARFILES

/F=filter1.fll
D:\N\old_b.html
/G

/F=filter2.fll
D:\N\new_b.html
/G

/F=filter3.fll
D:\N\old_b.html
/G

/F=filter4.fll
D:\N\new_b.html
/G
; and so on until filter12.fll
; and also until old_x.html and new_x.html
/CLEARFILTERS
/CLEARFILES
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: Closing filters from the command line

Post by DataMystic Support »

/CLEARFILTERS actually clears the filters from the current filter list - it doesn't actually close the window.

We've added a new option - /CLOSEONCOMPLETION, which needs to precede the /G switch. You need to specify this switch each time.

It's now available in the beta - http://www.datamystic.com/textpipeprobeta.exe

Ask and you shall receive!
dmaristizabal

Post by dmaristizabal »

Simon :

That was fast ! I´ll use it.

Thanks a lot.
dmaristizabal

Post by dmaristizabal »

Hi guys :

I downloaded the beta version with the /CLOSEONCOMPLETION implementation. But it´s regarded in my PC as an expired evaluation version and it doesn´t run.

Please note that a couple of months ago I had previously installed your regular text pipe pro evaluation version, it expired, and 3 weeks ago I bought text pipe light, which is the one I´m using now....

....Please tell me that this new command is also available for the light version.... :) . and if it is, how can I use the beta with my current license...

Again, thank you very much.

Diana Aristizabal
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi Diana,

We only release Betas in the Pro configuration - it's available in both the eval and full edition (in the secure area).

You'll have to wait until we do a release - which we're hoping to do by early next week.