File Input and File Output as Default in Textpipe Lite

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

gerd

File Input and File Output as Default in Textpipe Lite

Post by gerd »

Each time when opening Text Pipe a File Input: inside compressed... and File output:backup mode... default appear.
The problem: I cannot just mark and delete them with Ctrl-X, with the delete icon or by any other means. Neither can I disable the enabled default input / output filter after a right mouseclick in the context menu. Why not? The "enable" and "delete" options of the context menu are not active.
Description of the problem: After inserting a filter from the local textpipe directory which includes an output filter I have thereafter two output filters.
Even after changing the default output filter to "No output" (in the Filter List appears now the "red cross" next to "No output") it does not work with Textpipe Lite 8.4.8. When running Textpipe appears the error message:
Error: There is more than one enabled output filter

Suggestion: Skip the default file input and file output filters or how can I easily delete them?
Second alternative: It should be possible to disable or delete a filter after highlighting and right-clicking the filter. I have searched the forum but not found any hint about it. To duplicate the problem I suggest: Just load Textpipe Lite and insert a filter which includes an input and output filter.
gerd
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: File Input and File Output as Default in Textpipe Lite

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi Gerd,

You cannot delete the default Input and Output filters - they define how input and output is handled. Without them you have nothing.

If you Insert (instead of open) an existing filter than you can certainly delete any input or output filters that are added. Normally these get removed.
gerd

Post by gerd »

I know and I can handle the matter quite simple. Solution: I just do not add an output option in a filter before I save the filter. Then, I open the filter by clicking on "Inserting a filter..." in the "All Available Filters" section and change the default output filter as requested. Thus, it is not a real problem and I can get around it easily.

I just wanted to make the suggestion to allow for disabling the default output filter after loading a filter. Example: In your filters (.zip files) in this forum you include output filter. Can you load them in Textpipe Lite and use them without having a problem? It seems that this problem does not occur in Textpipe Pro.
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

You should Open a filter using File\Open - not sure why you are using Insert... ?
gerd

Post by gerd »

Thanks Simon,
good to know. Now I understand why this is not a problem for your users. Please do not ask why I have used "insert" instead of "open". It was probably just a stupid action of custom which I cannot explain. Thanks again.
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

No problem! I just thought it was a little strange. 'Insert' is used when you want all of an existing filter but don't want to link to it.