Textpipe Execution from Command line

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

mohsinhsn

Textpipe Execution from Command line

Post by mohsinhsn »

Hi All,

I am executing textpipe using batch scripts to trigger binary to ascii converstion. All these batch jobs are scheduled via task scheduler jobs OR SSIS packages.

I am executing around 70 conversions using batch scripts.

The issue I am having is, when ever I schedule batch scripts to run at the same time (lets say 10 at a time) few off them will be able to convert into ascii files while the remaining will be running (I can see the related SPID in task manager) continuosly without any conversion. Eventually I had to stop the job or kill the associated SPID in task manager and start the batch script again to initiate the converion.

My questions:
1) Is it memory intensive application?
2) when I can see the thread in task manager why don't I see the conversion?
3) How can we make sure that the jobs run at the same time will execute successfully? Any memory settings within textpipe that I can adjust?

Our server has 32 GB of physical RAM out of which 25 GB is allocated to SQL Server. Remaining for OS and textpipe executions. We also analysed that when few of batch scripts fail, free available memory is near to zero.

The workaround we have now is to distribute the jobs to run at 1 minute interval. This case all will run fine expect when we receive files later than normal.

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks,
-Mohsin
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: Textpipe Execution from Command line

Post by DataMystic Support »

TextPipe is not memory intensive unless you are doing a Sort of a large file. This is not the issue.

What command line are you using to initiate TextPipe?

Have you disabled the Update check dialog, by setting the date years into the future (Help Menu)?
mohsinhsn

Post by mohsinhsn »

The sample batch script used in our SSIS package is as follows,

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DataMystic\TextPipe\textpipe.exe" "/f=C:\LSF6\Filters\FFSI102A.fll" "C:\LSF6\FiservBinaryFiles\Dev\I102A867*.*" /g /q

I will verify the option "Update Check Dialog'. What does this option is for?

We processing few (4-5) large files but not sure about sorting data in it.

Also, why don't textpipe start the conversion (when its thread is running in the back ground) even when memory is released from other textpipe processes if it is due to memory issues.

Thanks,
-Mohsin
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

As I said, it is not due to memory issues.

I believe it is showing the Update Check dialog box, which is why filtering is not being launched.

Try /q=5 to allow a short delay before exiting - instead of /q
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

In the registry, set
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DataMystic\TextPipe\updateDate
to 60000. Today is 40169 - this is measured in days.