Unicode Support?

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

bokbokchui

Unicode Support?

Post by bokbokchui »

I want to use TextPipe to batch search and replace many of my subtitle files which are in UTF-8 format. One of the file contains mainly Traditional Chinese characters.

I download the eval. version and try to test. I'm using version of English Windows 7 but I'm able to view the UTF-8 file using either Notepad or Word 2007.

I use the Search/Replace list filter and when I try yo input the Find and Replace Repiar, I found that when I try to use the Chinese input method to enter some Chinese characters, it shows "?".

Does TextPipe support Unicode?
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: Unicode Support?

Post by DataMystic Support »

You need to use the Unicode Search/Replace filter - currently the Search/Replace list does not support Unicode.
bokbokchui

Post by bokbokchui »

Thanks, but that's too bad...
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Huh? It solves the problem by giving you a Unicode search/replace. How is that too bad?
dfhtextpipe

Post by dfhtextpipe »

The Search/replace list filter supports Unicode, when the replace list is an external Unicode text file, suitably encoded (e.g. UTF-8).
I generally use CSV format for the external file structure.

I've used this method successfully in many filters that process text in non-English languages.

David
David