Wizards | grep

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

dfhtextpipe

Wizards | grep

Post by dfhtextpipe »

The grep filter under Wizards, shouldn't this be greyed in TextPipe Standard?

cf. The contextual help for this filter states, "Found under Filters\Extract (Pro version only)"

Likewise, under Restrict filters, these two sub-filters are not greyed out in Standard.
  • Matching lines (grep)
    Non-matching lines (inverse grep)
Furthermore, the titles for these two subfilters are over specified, probably predating the drop-down Pattern type selector in the dialogs,
which now include five pattern types.

David
David
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: Wizards | grep

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi David,

The dimming should now be correct - but where is the title overspecified? I checked the help file, the My Filters view and All Available filters view - they all look fine?
dfhtextpipe

Post by dfhtextpipe »

Simon,

The select filters pane refers to grep alone. The actual filter has five options for pattern matching, only one of which is grep. Hence my suggestion that the filter title is too restrictive.

David
David
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi David,

The filter Filters\Extract\Extract lines matching (grep) is actually referring the the class of unix tools called grep which extract matching lines - so the use of grep here is to help people find a familiar type of operation, rather than specifying the precise means of expressing it.