Timestamps in logging (bug report)

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

dfhtextpipe

Timestamps in logging (bug report)

Post by dfhtextpipe »

Simon,

I just spotted a bug in how TextPipe records the timestamps in the log file and in Status output.

Having left TextPipe running (dormant) with my computer asleep overnight, I was surprised that when I ran a filter this morning, all the timestamps had yesterday's date.

It would seem that TextPipe records the date and time when the application itself was opened, rather than the instantaneous times that each subfilter is logged.

David
David
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: Timestamps in logging (bug report)

Post by DataMystic Support »

Very strange David. I can assure you than the logging using the current value of clock (now()) for each log line.

My only thought is that you had a Prompt on Replace paused on the screen when your computer was asleep.

But I suspect instead that Windows is protecting TP from a large clock 'hit' and is falsely giving it this time.

You can check by running a filter with a search/replace with prompting - check the value of @DATETIME to see the date that is truly being reported.
dfhtextpipe

Post by dfhtextpipe »

Simon,

It didn't just happen while the computer was in Sleep mode!

I wonder if this is a hitherto unnoticed quirk of Windows 7 x64 ?

David
David
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Hi David,

I ran a filter (trial run area), left TP running for 24 hours, with the computer put into hibernation twice, and ran the same trial run filter again. I did not see any problem like you describe.

Please let me know if you can reproduce it.
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

BTW - I suspect hibernation/sleep of the computer overnight has a lot to do with it - but TP does NOT cache the date stamp at all- it regenerates it from the system time, each time (note - this was originally posted incorrectly in reply to another thread)