How to Delete Duplicate Tags?

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

snowman999

How to Delete Duplicate Tags?

Post by snowman999 »

Hi,

I have the following text I am trying to massage where I want to remove the duplicate tags, but of course keep the first occurrence.

Here is an example of the starting text:

TTITLE01=Burning Love
TTITLE02=Way Down
TTITLE03=A Little Less Conversation (JXL Radio Edit Remix) (Bonus Trac
TTITLE03=k)
EXTD=ELVIS PRESLEY - ELV1S 30 #1 Hits\n\n(2002)\n\n-- liner notes --\n
EXTD=\n(front cover)\n\nThe front cover consists entirely of a gold-to
EXTD=ne background with the word "ELV1S" \nspanning roughly 80 percent
EXTD= of the width of the cover, centered horizontally and \nverticall
EXTD=y on the page.
EXTT0=1. Heartbreak Hotel (2:10)\n\n(Written by Axton/Durden/Presley
EXTT0=)\nPublished by Sony/ATV Songs LLC dba Tree Publishing Co. (BMI)
EXTT0=\nVocals: Gordon Stoker, Ben Speer and Brock Speer\nRecorded Jan
EXTT0=uary 10, 1956\nU.S.
EXTT1=2. Don't Be Cruel (2:04)\n\n(Written by Blackwell/Presley)\nPu
EXTT1=blished by Elvis Presley Music administered by Cherry River Musi
EXTT1=c Co. (BMI)/\nElvis Presley Music administered by Chrysalis Song
EXTT1=s (BMI)\nWith The Jordanaires\nRecorded July 2, 1956\nU.S.
EXTT2=3. Hound Dog (2:16)\n\n(Written by Leiber/Stoller)\nPublished
EXTT2=by Universal-MCA Music Publishing (ASCAP)/\nGladys Music adminis
EXTT2=tered by Chrysalis Music (ASCAP)/\nGladys Music administered by
EXTT2=Cherry Lane Music Publishing Company, Inc. (ASCAP)\nWith The Jor
EXTT2=danaires\nRecorded July 2, 1956\nU.S.

And I want the text below but when I try and use the wildcards/perl expression they are too "greedy" and end up removing all the tags after the first one. Any ideas?
Thanks
Lewis

TTITLE01=Burning Love
TTITLE02=Way Down
TTITLE03=A Little Less Conversation (JXL Radio Edit Remix) (Bonus Track)
EXTD=ELVIS PRESLEY - ELV1S 30 #1 Hits\n\n(2002)\n\n-- liner notes --\n\n(front cover)\n\nThe front cover consists entirely of a gold-tone background with the word "ELV1S" \nspanning roughly 80 percent of the width of the cover, centered horizontally and \nvertically on the page.
EXTT0=1. Heartbreak Hotel (2:10)\n\n(Written by Axton/Durden/Presley)\nPublished by Sony/ATV Songs LLC dba Tree Publishing Co. (BMI)\nVocals: Gordon Stoker, Ben Speer and Brock Speer\nRecorded January 10, 1956\nU.S.2. Don't Be Cruel (2:04)\n\n(Written by Blackwell/Presley)\nPublished by Elvis Presley Music administered by Cherry River Music Co. (BMI)/\nElvis Presley Music administered by Chrysalis Songs (BMI)\nWith The Jordanaires\nRecorded July 2, 1956\nU.S.
EXTT2=3. Hound Dog (2:16)\n\n(Written by Leiber/Stoller)\nPublished by Universal-MCA Music Publishing (ASCAP)/\nGladys Music administered by Chrysalis Music (ASCAP)/\nGladys Music administered by Cherry Lane Music Publishing Company, Inc. (ASCAP)\nWith The Jordanaires\nRecorded July 2, 1956\nU.S.
AmbitEnerg

Re: How to Delete Duplicate Tags?

Post by AmbitEnerg »

Sometimes this is easy, sometimes not so much. The first and foremost rule of SEO is to make sure each of your unique pages has a unique title tag. That’s because the first and foremost rule of Google (or at least sometimes it seems that way) is to avoid the dreaded “duplicate content” monster.

Now the purpose of this SEO tip is not to show you what a title tag is, or how to manipulate it. I’ll leave that to other pages that are already online. (At the bottom of this post is a link to one that you might find of interest.)

Instead of covering the basics of title tags right here, I want to point you to an easy way to determine where to look for duplicate tags in your site. The best tool I know of, and it’s free, is of course Google Webmaster Tools.
snowman999

Re: How to Delete Duplicate Tags?

Post by snowman999 »

Sorry... this is not a web site with tags.

This is one file of over a million files of the same format.

I need to edit the files to remove the duplicate tags in each file.

Can you advise on the correct filter/pearl expression to do this?

Thanks