Application Errors

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

theide

Application Errors

Post by theide »

I get application error:

"The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occured in the location at location (0x7c59bbf3)"

also, application error:

"Exception EOleSysError in module textpipe.exe at 00059B21"
This happens when I try to exit. Freezes up computer after that. Have to shut computer down.

I'm running v6.5.1

Please help.

Thanks,

Matt
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Impossible to do anything with that information - What were you doing just prior the error message?

Why don't you upgrade to 7.1.7?
theide

Post by theide »

Thanks for the quick response. I'm not sure what happened before, everything was running just fine. I noticed that the scheduler was stuck in a running status. I stopped the job opened Textpipe and then it started to get application errors. Now I can't get it to schedule anymore.

We do not want to spend more money on upgrading unless we are sure this is a reliable product and adequate support.
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

It's not clear whether you are scheduling TextPipe or DataPipe, please advise.

Also, each build of DataPipe requires a specific build of TextPipe - they are linked. You can't upgrade one without the other. Can you tell me which versions of each you are running?

TextPipe has seen a great many changes (both features and bug fixes) since 6.5.1 (see below). At least one of these was to fix a Windows race condition where the code that checks our website for the latest version returns from Windows well after the application expects it to, causing a crash. This old bug may be the cause of the problem, but it's very hard to know without knowing more about what was running.

http://www.datamystic.com/textpipe/whatsnew.html