Pre purchase question...

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

edsmithers

Pre purchase question...

Post by edsmithers »

Hello,

I've been using the evaluation version and think I'm going to buy but I'm not clear on the difference between Standard and Pro.

The comparison chart shows the following two things as the only difference...

Mainframe Copybook Wizard and Filter
ASCII to EBCDIC, EBCDIC to ASCII

Is that correct or are there other things that the standard version is lacking compared to the Pro? And what exactly do they do and when are they needed?

It's a big jump from $79 to $395, that is why I'm asking if only those two things are not in the Standard version.

Thanks for any help with this.
edsmithers

Re: Pre purchase question...

Post by edsmithers »

Actually, I didn't realize I could download a trial for the Standard edition, I thought only Pro. Now I've downloaded the Standard and it looks like the only thing 'greyed-out' is the 'mainframe' part. Sot it looks like that is the only difference.

I don't think I'll ever need that part, so the standard edition will probably be fine.

If someone could confirm that for me, I will appreciate it!

Thanks.
edsmithers

Post by edsmithers »

Nevermind, I just ordered the standard, it should be fine. :)

The share-it experience sucked though. Didn't go through the first time, and it looks like I have to wait 4 to 24 hours before I get textpipe. oh well.
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi there - if you don't need to deal with Mainframe data, then you don't need the Pro version.

(I apologize for our late reply; one of our servers sent us a flood of 680,000 error emails, and it's taken a while to clean up the mess)

As for ShareIt - they err on the side of caution, which is helpful when people's livelihood relies on their ability to prevent fraud!
edsmithers

Post by edsmithers »

Thanks for the response! Love my new textpipe!

Certainly understand about the fraud, but I'll tell you, if I didn't want textpipe so bad, I had several opportunities to change my mind because of sharit. They made it very difficult to give you my money.

Refused the first time and got an email withing minutes telling me, and saying to go try again. So I did, then after payment it says I'd have to wait 4-24 hours to get my download. Then, 6 hours later, I get another email from them telling me that I've been refused a second time. So I call them to get this done on the phone. The woman tells me that she can take my information over the phone but there are still no guarantees that it will get processed. She said I should go back and try again online. I thought, not a chance. I didn't want to wait another 6 hours just to be declined again. All this was using Paypal by the way, and I use my Paypal all the time for everything online without a hitch.

Like I said, if not for really wanting textpipe so bad, I would have just let it go without getting it, especially if it was the old price of $195. I had way to many chances to change my mind and decide I really didn't need it.

Finally I went back to your website and hit the Avangate link instead of sharit. Worked like a charm and I had my download within minutes.

I tell you this not to complain at all, but so you know that you could be losing a TON of business because of sharit 'protecting' you so thoroughly.

Thanks again for Textpipe, I look so forward to using it!!
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Thank you very much for your detailed reply - we'll be asking ShareIt some questions, and re-instating our own PayPal direct button.