Command line problem in Windows 8.1

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

othni

Command line problem in Windows 8.1

Post by othni »

I just upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and TextPipe won't load filters from the command line.

So my scripts don't work.

I went ahead and downloaded the most recent version to see if it was some incompatibility with Windows 8.1.

It did not helped.

I get this message: "There was a problem sending the command to the program" by just only double-clickding a filter from the explorer.

How can I fix this?

I have work to be done.

Thank you

Othni
othni

Re: Command line problem in Windows 8.1

Post by othni »

Ok, I will try it tomorrow.

But the resolution in Microsoft's website has to do with changing a setting in Excel...mmm

Do you think that is going to help TextPipe?
othni

Post by othni »

I just want to be clear.

In addition with having problems calling TextPipe from the command line, I can not even double-click a filter(.fll) file to load it automatically upon launching TextPipe. What happens is that TextPipe launches but it gives me the error and the filter does not load. I can open the filter manually from the File menu though.

This was working fine in Windows 8 last week up until I upgraded to Windows 8.1 on Sunday.

Can you certify that TextPipe works on Windows 8.1?
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

It appears to be a Windows 8.1 issue with DDE. TextPipe has being using the DDE method of invocation from explorer/double-click for years. The MS support issue includes a workaround.
othni

Post by othni »

I found a corrupt .fll file.

It had 0kb. Had to restore it from the backup. It was the first filter in my scripts...so the others would fail.

Now it all works. But it is strange, I thought I had tried to open other .fll files from the explorer with the error.

Anyway, it is working now.

Thank you