Append data to file in turn?

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

sergeda

Append data to file in turn?

Post by sergeda »

Hi. Is this possible to append some data to file in turn?
The reason is that I extract some data each line in turn, then I need to save this data before processing next one. Can somebody help me with this?
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

You could use the new Capture Filter in v7.3, or use VBScript to get the same result (but slower).
sergeda

A bit more details?

Post by sergeda »

Thank you for reply.
Can you give a bit more information? I have a file with lines of data like this "MAC_Addr:0002B32E2208,Computer_Name:FESUPPORT,System:Windows 2000 build 2195(Server)/Service Pack 4,Record_Date:2.03.2005,CPU:Intel Pentium II 333 MHz MMX Deschutes " and I want to extract every peace of data, rearrange it and then write to file. I started from creating filter "Line in turn", than I create number of subfilters to extract data and result of every extract I remember in diffrent global variable. If I enable only one extraction filter - it extract data, but when I enable all of it, nothing happen. Could somebody help me with it or give me the name of the demo file to look at?
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Naturally, the Extract option removes all non-matching text. You need to save the data instead - for every matching option - and then discard matching text.

See this white paper: http://www.datamystic.com/docs/reportmining.pdf
sergeda

Didn't get it

Post by sergeda »

Ok. I achieve needed result and now every variable get it's data, but I can't gain what you say I need - cannot save the data - for every matching option - and then discard matching text. Haw can I achieve this result. Every turn I get one line of data, extract data that I need and assign it to number of variables. Now I need to save this variables every turn to file. How can I achieve this?

Post by Guest »

One way is to use an Add Footer filter, which uses the @varname macros that you've saved data into to output the variables.

Another way is to place the data you need on new lines with a marker like '###', then remove all non matching lines.
sergeda

Thanks

Post by sergeda »

Thanks a lot