COM interface very SLOW compared to interactive

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

RossEvans

COM interface very SLOW compared to interactive

Post by RossEvans »

I am trying to run a filter via the COM interface (VBScript). The script, basically cut-and-pasted from the Export .. Export VBScript wizard on the TextPipe Pro menu, used a filter file containing several subfilters, and executes against a data file of about 500 MB.

The script runs, but it runs an order of magnitude slower than the same filter run against the same data file interactively using the TextPipe Pro GUI. (1 minute interactive vs. 1 hour using VBScript).

I have tried setting TextPipe.Application = True, which then does make the window visible. But it still runs just as slowly when the script executes.

What is wrong and what can be done to fix this?
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi Ross,

Sounds strange. Do you have virus scanning active which could be checking what the script (and related COM objects) are doing?

In theory it should be the same speed once the job is running.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

Simon Carter wrote:Hi Ross,

Sounds strange. Do you have virus scanning active which could be checking what the script (and related COM objects) are doing?

In theory it should be the same speed once the job is running.
I do have a McAfee AV running, but it is installed by our central sysadmin and I don't know what its real-time functionality might be with respect to COM objects.

I worked around the problem by running the task as a batch job, rather than as a VBScript. The results are very fast.