TextPipe Pro doesn't quit...

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

TextPipe Pro doesn't quit...

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I've been using TextPipe Pro for a couple years (and several versions) and have regularly had a problem with the application exiting when called from a batch file.

I have a batch file that calls a Textpipe Pro filter and then exists. The line is:

"C:\Program Files\TextPipe\textpipe.exe" "/f=C:\myfilter.fll" /g /q

However, from time to time the application doesn't quit - it runs the filter and produces the output, but simply stops on the Status tab, waiting for someone to press the OK button and then quit the application. This instance, where TextPipe doesn't quit properly, causes my batch script to freeze.

Any thoughts? I'm currently running 7.3.1, but this has been happening since version 6.x.

Thanks!
Adam
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi Adam,

Is your batch file being run by a scheduling program?

Do you see the countdown of 3...2...1...exiting when TextPipe finishes processing?
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

If you're using Windows Script to script TextPipe with either VBScript or JScript, you may run into a problem where TextPipe does not exit.

The following code may help - it forces the script engine to wait before exiting.
vb_load_filter()
wscript.Sleep 500
wscript.quit

This works with Wscript.exe version 5.6.0.8515

This problem may also appear if your queue manager or scheduling software calls Windows Script.