TextPipe x32 / x64 installation options

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

dfhtextpipe

TextPipe x32 / x64 installation options

Post by dfhtextpipe »

Currently, the setup file asks for the installation location before it asks the user to choose x64 (default) or x32.

IMHO, the installation folder dialogue should come after the choice has been made.

Then, if the user is installing the x32 edition on a 64-bit system, the proposed path should become C:\Program Files (x86)\DataMystic\TextPipe

Also, the Install procedure should offer an option to pin a shortcut to the Windows TaskBar.
Likewise, Uninstall should remove any such optional shortcut.

NB. Although the v10.0 release notes included "New install option to pin to taskbar.", this never appeared when I installed yesterday.

Best regards,

David
David
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: TextPipe x32 / x64 installation options

Post by DataMystic Support »

It's not easy for us to change the install order.

I've checked the installer code and there was a section missing for pinning, we will check this at the end of the next build.
dfhtextpipe

Post by dfhtextpipe »

When I installed v10.0.6 downloaded afresh today, the setup file gave me a text box option to tick if I wished to "Pin to taskbar".

Well, having ticked it, I was somewhat disappointed that it did not pin to taskbar!

Especially as I already had a taskbar shortcut that the setup file deleted during the uninstall of the "previous" version!!!

Regards,

David
David
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

We've removed this from setup, because it is just taking too long to make it work.