Using DOS Start Command with Textpipe pro

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

russconwath

Using DOS Start Command with Textpipe pro

Post by russconwath »

Hi,

This isn't entirely a textpipe question but as it's covered in the manual and I can't get it to work here goes... BTW, the system I'm running this on a Win XP SP2 system and the batch file itself works fine it's just trying to get it to work with start that doesn't seem to work.

I have tried without success to use the start command in a batch file to have operation wait until the previous command finishes before moving on to the next operation.

I have tried using the syntax in the manual and get an error message indicating that /f is not a valid option - I'm assuming to the start command.

I have tried enclosing the entire command in quotes but textpipe doesn't start. The window title seems to reflect the command but no execution...

I have tried taking the entire batch file, which works by itself and calling that from start - a new windows opens but textpipe doesn't start

Any help with this would be most appreciated

Thx Russ
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi Russ,

Perhaps you could paste the command line here.

Does the /f error message come from TextPipe or in the command window?
rconwath

Command Line info

Post by rconwath »

start /w /min "c:\Program Files\TextPipe\textpipe.exe" /f=c:\picklistimport.fll /g /q

The error seems to come from DOS on the /f option...

Thx Russ
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi Russ,

I get the same problem here.

Try putting the command line in a batch file, and invoke the batch file instead.