FileWatcher doesn't start trigger from different user-id

Discuss our other products here. Get help with installation and running, notify us of bugs, request new features and enhancements.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

SeSar

FileWatcher doesn't start trigger from different user-id

Post by SeSar »

Hi.
I've FileWatcher 2.9.2 running in a Windows 2003 Server (64bit).
If I start FileWatcher (3 instances, for 3 triggers) from my user-id (Admijn rights) everything is ok.
If I start FileWatcher from FireDaemon, at machine start-up, with my user-id/password in FireDaemon option, then everything is OK.
BUT
If a scheduled task (nightly one) with another user (Admin's one), starts (or restarts) the same Filewatcher instances with a command like:
start "FileWatcher xyz" /dc:\ "C:\Program Files (x86)\DataMystic\FileWatcher\FileWatcher.exe" /hidden "/f=C:\MIM_FLSTAT_01.fwx" /g
...then the filewatcher instances start, but they don't work!
I need to login with my user-id, than kill filewatcher processes, then restart them (with the same commands)... and then they work...

So it seems that a filewatcher instance does work only if
Any opinion, suggestioon or solution?

Sergio
Italy
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: FileWatcher doesn't start trigger from different user-id

Post by DataMystic Support »

Which folder is FileWatcher watching - is it a network share with possibly different permissions for the other user?

Can they also open C:\MIM_FLSTAT_01.fwx ?
SeSar

Post by SeSar »

Hi.
1- The other users have Administrator's right, so there should be no problems in reading any folder in which I've left the configuration file. In particular the mainly committed user is the one (not linked to a specific guy) that starts all services when the machine starts, and each service (firedaemon's ones too) are started with such user/psw to allow their runs. After the start of initial services and processes, the "start user" disappears.

2- I'm going to carefully read the documentation linked by urls you've posted, and I'll update thh situation/problem as soon as possible.
Thanks!

Sergio
Bollate - Italy
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Thanks Sergio - all the issues we have seen previously relate to permissions or security in some way.