How to add/insert a new separate paragraph or list item

Discuss WordPipe, ExcelPipe and PowerPointPipe. Get help with installation and running, notify us of bugs, request new features and enhancements.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

maviblue

How to add/insert a new separate paragraph or list item

Post by maviblue »

How can I insert a new paragraph between 2 existing paragraphs? Or between an existing paragraph and a header (like a h2,h3 within content header in word I mean)? This means there could be carraige returns or shift-returns between the exisiting paragraphs or other texts. I read there is a code ^p (return) ^l (line break) but how do I actually use these in an example of find replace(when replace is an insert between)??

Also how can i insert an additional list item to an exisiting list - let's say I want to add a new bullet point and for it to be the third bullet point in a group of 5 bullets?
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: How to add/insert a new separate paragraph or list item

Post by DataMystic Support »

You need to use the literal text ^p in the replacement to insert the paragraph mark or new line for bullets, but to identify the position between paragraphs or bullets you can only use wildcards (ie a pattern match) that match text that you know already exists in the document.