Specific Hyperlink Report

Discuss WordPipe, ExcelPipe and PowerPointPipe. Get help with installation and running, notify us of bugs, request new features and enhancements.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

TeagueJ

Specific Hyperlink Report

Post by TeagueJ »

I have many Word documents that have many different types of hyperlinks in them. I need to seach for hyperlinks that link to other Word documents. The links are behind the text, so the text might read "Click HEREfor more information." Hovering over "HERE" reveals a tooltip that shows the link to be "file///\\SERVER\PATH\PATH\PATH\DOCUMENT.docx.

If I search for "file" it will find the number of occurances of the word file in the document. The same is true if I search for "docx" or "SERVER". However I want the whole string returned (at a minimum: \\SERVER\PATH\PATH\PATH\DOCUMENT.docx), so if I search for "file*docx" I get no results. I've tried variations on this theme "<(file)*(docx)>", "SERVER*docx", "SE*cx", etc., with no results. How can I accomplish this search?

Note that the number of "PATH" subfolders is highly variable which is why I am looking to go from beginning to end. I know I can see this informaiton using the hyperlink report, but because there are thousands of other links to URLs, PDFs, PPTs, and XLSs the hyperlink report is very ineffecient. Essentially I want a hyperlink report that only shows me .docx files would be another way to state what I am trying to do. Can this be done?

Kind regards,

-Teague
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: Specific Hyperlink Report

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi Teague,

The Hyperlink Report is exactly what you need - you just need to post-process it with a tool such as our TextPipe Pro, for examples to match lines ending with .docx, which you can do using TextPipe's
Filters\Extract\Extract lines matching (grep)
with an EasyPattern of
.docx[ lineEnd ]