Non standard characters in Search/Replace List

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: Non standard characters in Search/Replace List

Post by DataMystic Support »

'{' probably has a special meaning in an RTF file.

To replace in a text file, just use TP to load the Excel search/replace list using Filters\Replace\Search/replace list. Make sure that 'Exact match' is checked.

The drag and drop your text file to do the replacing in.

Below is a link to TextPipe Lite - $19.95. Being Buddhist does not excuse you from paying for software!
http://www.datamystic.com/buy/textpipelite.html
buddhist108

Re: Non standard characters in Search/Replace List

Post by buddhist108 »

Hi

Well in the search replace list using the exel table and just add the file it wont do absolutely nothing. It ignores the words with special letters. Also ive noticed it will cut out word in the middle of other words. Example word mañjuśrīmitra and when the list contains word mitra then it will do like this mañjuśrī[[mitra]]

Can you please see and test it out. I have tried all the possibilities you provided but non of them is not working.

Also what i meant with no money to hire programmer is that to do the program/script for our encyclopedia internally (for mediawiki) so that i dont have to copy out text and put it to text file and all this processes. And other could use it as well. At the moment i have to go through every editor pages they create and make links with the list. unfortunately that's the only way i can come up with now. If anybody here as some suggestions how to do it in web environment let me know.

But please check out my list files what i posted before and test and see if you can make it work. If you cant make it work i have very little chance in that.

So please help me out.