Find/Replace in Content Controls

Discuss WordPipe, ExcelPipe and PowerPointPipe. Get help with installation and running, notify us of bugs, request new features and enhancements.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

Chelliet

Find/Replace in Content Controls

Post by Chelliet »

I've downloaded the latest version of WordPipe (8.5) and I can't seem to get it to search within the new Content Controls that were introduced in Microsoft Word 2007/2010 and have carried over into Word 2013 (specifically the .docx format documents). I've got several files that utilize these and are in .docx format, but even when I include absolutely every option for my search type (which I have as Normal by the way) WordPipe can't find the text I'm looking for even though I know it's there. Specifically, I'm trying to have it search within a Combo Box Content Control (i.e. the new version of Drop down box).

Is there something I'm missing? I've attached a document with screenshots of all my settings and the results I see.

Thanks!

--
Chelliet
Chelliet

Re: Find/Replace in Content Controls

Post by Chelliet »

Ok, so apparently I can't attach documents either. This forum won't accept .docx, .doc, or .pdf. I don't get errors when I upload a .rtf file, but after it thinks for a bit, nothing seems to happen. :( If anyone can help me and would like to see the screenshots of my settings, please let me know and I can send it to you individually.
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi Chelliet,

The forum only accepts .zip uploads. WordPipe is not designed to support this yet. If you're prepared to dig into the underlying XML structure of .docx files, the our TextPipe package is far faster - how many documents do you need to modify?
Chelliet

Post by Chelliet »

I have about 50+ documents to search/replace through. Is there a plan to add this functionality into WordPipe?