Feature Suggestion

Questions and support for the Jade Apps,

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id980437930
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.managebgl.predictbgl2

Please specify if you are using iOS or Android!

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

khurtwilliams

Feature Suggestion

Post by khurtwilliams »

My CGMS and several other medical apps now share data via Apple's HealthKit. It would be great if PredictBGL could add this support to reduce the need for data entry.

My CGMS transmitter records all my CGMS reading to the iPhone and Healthkit where they can be read by diabetes management apps. Apps, such as Human, track my exercise activities. I am considering getting a FitBit or Apple Watch to track my activities for times when I won't have my iPhone. Both of these devices share data via HealthKit. I use food tracking applications such Calorie Counter & Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal and Lifesum. Lifesum has a barcode scanner making calorie tracking trivially easy.
Calorie Counter & Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal is of the best diet trackers in the App Store full stop, and the Apple Health integration just adds to the appeal. Log meals and weight data to get an at-a-glance view of your intake on the dashboard, with the option to record exercise from here too.
Human is great for anybody who’s less focused on weight loss or muscle gain and more concerned with doing the bare minimum required to be a healthy person who lives beyond her 50s.
The food database in PredictBGL is not easy to use and in fact, the UI on iOS is terrible. Currently, I enter data in the other apps first and then re-enter them into PredictBGL. This process is tedious and creates a silo of data points. If PredictBGL supported HealthKit then I could have all my data in one place to share with my endocrinologist.

I know you want PredictBGL to appeal to both Android and iOS users but ... market data indicates that Apple's HealthKit will see more wide spread and rapid adoption that Google's kit.

http://mobihealthnews.com/38265/in-dept ... abled-apps
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: Feature Suggestion

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi Khurt,

I totally agree, and yes, it is on our roadmap.

As you know, CGM data in HealthKit is delayed 3 hours because the FDA doesn't want you dosing off your Dexcom (which everyone does anyway).

We're working on this front as well as HealthKit.
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: Feature Suggestion

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi Khurt,

Our 1.7 release now fully supports carbohydrate, protein, fat and fiber, so you can enter these into your favorite carb counter, then switch to PredictBGL and dose off them with superb accuracy!

Cheers,

Simon