Find/Replace using ExcelPipe Home does find all characters

Discuss WordPipe, ExcelPipe and PowerPointPipe. Get help with installation and running, notify us of bugs, request new features and enhancements.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

Brian

Find/Replace using ExcelPipe Home does find all characters

Post by Brian »

I am a new user. The product appears to be very straight forward but I am still wondering why I have the following issue. I have a 1000 row excel spreadsheet that has numerous (tab or return character - a little box) listed within a text column. I want the special character to be found and replaced with a space - it appears to find some but not all. I have setup as many different combinations of this special character that I can think of and yet it still doesn't find them all. I have also tried to use the wildcard options but instead it replaces the entire field when the character is found instead of just the character. Any suggestions?[/img]
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi Brian,

Excel's search/replace is pretty limited. If the file is CSV or can be converted to it, use our TextPipe Pro for a much faster and easier solution.