complex search and sorting files

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

msmith

complex search and sorting files

Post by msmith »

Hello,

I was wondering if TextPipe Pro could do the following:

I have a list of all productnames.

I want to search all files on any productname and then create a seperate resultfile for each product.

So for example, the list is:
Product A
Product B
Product C
etc

Then I like to perform a search and filter out every line with "Product A" and put this in file proda.txt - same process for "Product B" etc.

So I end up with exactly the same number of files as the number of products in my "searchlist".

I found out it is possible, but the solution I found so far requires a manual input of every productname and filename, so to say, search Product A and put results in proda.txt .. But because the list is quite big, I would like it to read the text file containing all products and go thru them one by one.

Speed is not an issue, just an automated process is.

Thanks for advice and I have to say I am impressed with the trial product so far !

Michael
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Post by DataMystic Support »

Thanks Michael :-)

The best option is to use JScript or VBScript outside of TP to create your filter on the fly. First create a simple filter for one product type. Then File\Export this to VB/JScript to see the general structure, then automate this to get the results you need.