GUI bug in the Restrict to XML/HTML filter

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators, DataMystic Support, Moderators

dfhtextpipe

GUI bug in the Restrict to XML/HTML filter

Post by dfhtextpipe »

This apparent software bug caught me out again recently. Not reported it until now.

The Restrict filter called HTML or XML element or attribute has a GUI edit problem.

I had selected Restrict to between tags and typed in the attribute name title in the first edit field.
The second edit field duly mimicked what I had typed.

At exactly this point I went off to add the required (search & replace) filter and used the context menu to make this a subfilter of the restrict.

Did a test run. Didn't work! Doh!

Eventually I went back and examined the restrict filter, only to find that the attribute name had been truncated by one letter to titl.

Thought. How annoying! Recalled a previous occurrence several months ago. Made a mental note to report it this time.

Workaround: Key in the missing letter, add another letter, then backspace delete it. Other actions might have the same effect.

David
David
DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: GUI bug in the Restrict to XML/HTML filter

Post by DataMystic Support »

Hi David,

Can't reproduce this one here, under Windows 7 x64. Is this what you are testing with?

How did you add the search/replace filter? I used both the toolbar button, and then under Replace\Perl search/replace.

If you can repeat this and possibly send a video I'd like to fix it.
dfhtextpipe

Re: GUI bug in the Restrict to XML/HTML filter

Post by dfhtextpipe »

Simon,

It is reproducible, else I couldn't have encountered it at least twice, on separate occasions.

I am using Windows 7 64-bit.

Making a video would be too much effort for me. I don't have time right now to go down that route.
I do have Active Presenter installed, but I've yet to begin learning how to use its Screencasting features.
http://atomisystems.com/activepresenter/

David
David